Monday, January 3, 2011

Immortal Miniatures Greek Hoplites

These are probably the finest looking wargames minis I have ever seen, and I have been wargaming for forty years now. If you are at all interested in ancient greeks as a wargames army this is the reason to start now. These figures are well cast, naturally proportioned and actively posed. The level of detail is intimidating. They even provide decals so that you don't go mad trying to paint those compliocated Greek sheild designs. A little pricier than Wargames Factory of Warlord Plastics but they are worth every penny. Behold;




Nice box art.

The Front of the command sprue, if I had to find a flaw with this box it would be that there is only one command sprue. A nice choice of heads and the piper is a neat detail.

The back of the command sprue.

Decals, I love this! I hate painting shields with fancy designs.
It is not that I can't do it, I just don't like doing it.

The main sprue, lots of spare bits, the figures are excellently proportioned and posed the detail is exquisite (am I prattling on about that?)

The other side of the main sprue.

A close-up of part of the main sprue, click on the photo to enlarge the picture/ LOOK at the DEEETAIL!!!   O.K. I will stop now, I am sure you get the picture.

Simply put, I cannot recomend these highly enough. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next set from this manufacturer, hint; think Sparta!

No comments:

Post a Comment