the extent of my error is visible here,
the blue at the back of each section is the depth that needed to be added
the smaller wall sections are nearly completed
the bastions are a lot more work,
I have been adding the details as I go
at the end of the night I took a break from fussy little details
and whipped up a stairway it isn't quite done but I made good progress
The sheer physical size of this project still catches me off guard. At almost two feet long and eighteen inches wide the bastions are hefty items to handle and have a huge total surface area. Cladding these items in card continues and will take some time. I will be mounting each piece on thin plywood to ease handling and (hopefully) reduce damage during transport.