Friday, May 11, 2018

More Dark Age Cavalry

     I finally finished the rest of my Gripping Beast 28mm plastic cavalry. They turned out rather nicely, if I say so myself.

the Big Guy himself inspecting the new recruits,
Arthur reviews his latest additions


not as pretty (or well-trained) as the "knights" 
the militia cavalry are just as ready for a scrap

the Welsh are fierce but fickle




I do love the way plastics allow me to create a unit that is composed of individuals

Gripping Beast creates some very characterful faces
here we see the Welsh leader proving his bravery by leading from the front

the fellow in the second row invested in a horse but not a helmet
I think that I would have reversed the decision (but another great face!)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you OldSarge, they are very nice fidures, I try to paint to the level of the sculpt

      Delete
  2. I like those guys in blue, nice color.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always Anton. As someone who has seen them MANY times, I never cease to marvel at your ability to paint horses.

    Someday I will finish my Welsh Saga Army (no they are not for eating this time!) That will provide something civilized to fight your Arthurians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. A clear demonstration of a lack of fear when it comes to painting horses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spanish v moors range in plastics now too?
    Looks great

    ReplyDelete